A FREE SIX-SESSION COURSE for small groups.
What should the goal of the economy be? Why isn’t our current system enabling people to flourish, especially as the cost of living crisis bites? Could a change in approach help us solve the climate crisis? What does our Christian faith have to say about the economy?
We’ve produced a short course that opens up some of these questions and explores how the economy might be re-shaped to enable the wellbeing of all people and the planet.
Suitable for individual or group study, this six-session course is designed for people with no background in finance or economics. It is rooted in ideas found in the Bible and the teachings of Jesus, and compares this with other thinking around money, poverty and wealth, leading us to examine our own attitudes to systems of worth and how our society could be changed for the better.
Session One: ‘Crisis’
Session Two: ‘Enough’
Session Three: ‘Growth’
Session Four: ‘Value’
Session Five: ‘Freedom’
Session Six: ‘Change’
How it works
- Six discussion sessions focusing on different aspects of the economy
- One hour each
- Ideal for small groups to use, but also suitable for individual study and reflection
- No background in finance or economics is required
- Each session needs to be led by a member of the group, who should familiarise themselves with the material in advance and may need to do a small amount of practical preparation.
- While written with a physically gathered group in mind, with small adaptations in approach, the sessions can easily be run online.
- Group members should bring to the sessions a Bible, pen and paper.
- Between some sessions there is a short piece of homework for group members to carry out or think about.