- This resource was written by Molly Pugmire of Climate Justice for All for the Season of Creation 2021
- This work may be shared freely, with attribution, without modification
These questions would be a good way to open up discussion on caring for creation in a small group, either in-person or online. They could also be used individually.
- Do you have a favourite Bible verse/passage that celebrates the wonder of God’s creation?
- How connected do you feel to the rest of Creation?
- Are there ways in which you could be more intentional about caring for creation?
Molly has written a prayer to conclude the discussion:
Creator of all life,
We thank you for the precious Earth
you so carefully crafted.
How grateful we are
for the blessing it is
to marvel at your wonderful creation.
We lament the ways
in which humans have chosen to seek dominance
instead of practising care.
We ask that you would humble us
and help us to see ourselves
not as separate from the rest of creation
but as components of it.
Guide us as we seek to turn
our gratitude for the Earth
into action to care for it,
and let us never forget
that to love and care for the Earth
is an expression of our worship and love for you.